View Single Post

Old 2011-08-20, 02:13   #11 (permalink)
JohnTheFaptist
ArtificialAiming User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher12 View Post
I replied to a couple of things.

Now understand that a lot of this is from personal preference, but a lot of the hardware I've suggested will give you room for Future Improvement.

What if he wants to get a Six-Core one day? 1155 isn't looking good.
What if he wants to improve his frame rate since BF3 is going to be heavy demanding? a 750 watt won't let him do so. He'll just have to buy another wasting money because he didn't have enough power for another card.
What if he wants more out of his ram, or personally like me max it out. 6 slots will give you more options than 4.

Now a lot of this is opinion, but please understand this is coming from a person who has money to spend.
I'm a person who'd personally get core products and spend a butt load to not have to upgrade it in the next 2 years or so.
When it comes to video games, I want to see the utmost beauty of the video game without frame loss or having to put down the graphics.
BF3 will at most be one of the most beautiful games out besides the original Crysis when it came out.

Hope I could help.

6 core is highly unnecessary unless the CPU does not have hyperthreading, such as the AMD processors. An intel quad core CPU with hyperthreading makes 4 cores work as if there were 8 cores. True it is not as necessarily good as 12, but 8 is more than enough. I can play BC2 with taking up no more than 30% CPU power on maxed out settings, HBAO included.

The watts of the PSU will not matter in the least so long as the GPU card can be supplied its maximum requirement. The GTX 560 only requires just over 200w at peak performance, that leaves a lot of extra power to supply the rest of his system with.

8GB of RAM or 16GB of RAM wont make any difference unless he is running a LOT of programs at once. I use 8Gb of 1600Mhz DDR3 ram and I play APB, I use steam, XFire, TS3, Fraps, Skype, MSN, and sometimes even Minecraft and I rarely go above using 5Gb. While it is nice to have faster ram (1600Mhz as opposed to 1333Mhz) the capacity (8Gb vs 16Gb) won't make any difference in performance unless he is actually using that much memory, which is extremely hard to do.

While yes, this is all opinion based no matter what he goes with, I am just pointing out that some things are completely unnecessary. Saying 16Gb of ram is better than 8Gb is like saying red Ferraris are better than blue. You will get the same performance, but the red just makes it look faster.