View Single Post

Old 2011-03-25, 05:35   #20 (permalink)
HymanShocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SzecH View Post
Extremely unfair advantage - YES! Unethical? Is there an ethical code to online computer gaming now? Or are you suggesting there should be some generic ethical code to competition? Give me a break! These folks bought their game. Purchased games are for everyone to play and enjoy however they seem fit: Your idea of unfair is another's idea of cutting edge programming. It's a game - enjoy it for what it is at face value. If you don't like the reality of a software advantage - go back to console gaming. ->
I do truly believe that there should be some "Generic ethical code to competition." I also see there has to be a community in the gaming/technology word for people to discover all of the possible exploits, glitches, etc. Quality control: there would be less reason to better any product if there wasn't a community there to point out all of its glaring flaws. So, in a way, I don't necessarily fault this community as a whole for being dedicated to this...erm, "craft," for lack of a better word. I simply ask that, if you are going to use every possible hack, glitch, mod, exploit, etc. for your own selfish, personal satisfaction, at least take it to the unranked servers. You aren't bound by any moral, ethical, or legal code, but it isn't much to ask to actually be respectful and fair to the vast majority of gamers who believe in being legitimately skilled at competitive gaming as opposed to simply cheating their way to victory.

I suppose we're just living in the age of the troll. It's the cool thing to do everything in one's power to make both real life and entertainment absolutely miserable for the next person, and incessantly pelt them with "U MAD LOL" and other internet memes when they actually take issue with the abuse. And anyone who actually wants to play fair or be in any way considerate and respectful is probably just a butthurt faggot.

Last edited by HymanShocker : 2011-03-25 at 05:40.