View Single Post

Old 2010-11-14, 22:36   #14 (permalink)
SzecH
ArtificialAiming User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballBeast989 View Post
I am very overweight. Ive tried to stop drinking sodas (Mountain Dew). And Im weighted 223 as 16 years old. I would like to hear you guys advise of how to lose fats in 3 weeks. Thanks

The three weeks goal is not realistic to see drastic results unless you starve yourself - in which you'll be putting your body into metabolic starvation mode and you'll gain the weight back (and MORE) really fast. Don't do drastic diet changes!

Cut out the soda. Go to diet soda. I can go on and on about high fructose corn syrup. To make a long story short - cut that shit out. Soda is very bad for folks in general and extremly bad for folks that have slower metabolisms. The only exception to this rule is HelioS himself. His body somehow hacks metabolic processes and he doesnt gain fat nomatter how much he drinks it.

Bumblebee spoke wisdom: lower your carbohydrate intake and increase protein slightly. Before you have a meal - drink a full glass of water - then have your meal.

I can go on and on - come find me in IRC on a weekend sometime if you'd like to ask more specific questions regarding diet and exercise changes that will stick and make a difference.

But yes - cut that soda out! Biochemically - high fructose corn syrup converts more readily to fat components than glucose (the sugar ur body uses). What does this mean? the sweetner in soda goes directly to fat - bypassing the 'burn it as energy and THEN convert extra to fat' rule. You may need to switch to diet soda (because if you are drinking alot of mountain dew - chances are your also addicted to the caffeine). Switch to diet right away. gl