View Single Post

Old 2009-09-04, 13:50   #22 (permalink)
Irish_Cobb

Hi Rock,honor to try to help you.here is a few things Ive spotted,hope it help's you. This is going to happen where something goes wrong for some people, so here are some trouble shooting tips.

I am unable to install Battlefield 2 Update 1.50, what is wrong?

You must have Battlefield 2 version 1.41 already installed. You can do this by installing any of the Battlefield games and running the 1.41 installer - http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/pat...Patch_1.41.exe (If you have Battlefield 2 Complete Collection from EA Download Manager then you can install 1.50 over that without running the 1.41 installer)

The installer says it can not find the install directory, what do I do?

First backup your registry - How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
Click START, type regedit
Go to Battlefield 2 entry (on Vista it is at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2 )
There you should have 5 keys (Default), Distribution, InstallDir, Language, Locale, MemberName, Registered, Version
The one you need most is InstallDir
If you have that already then make sure that it is set to the BF2 install location (Default for Vista is C:\Program Files(x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2)
If you don't have it, Right Click and Add new String Value
Name it InstallDir
Double click that entry and a box will appear. In Value Data box add the location of your install without the trailing \
Close regedit

Run the installer again

I have installed Update 1.50 but the game crashes when loading single player, multiplayer or Local games, what is wrong?

Nothing is wrong, go to My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2
Delete the folder: cache

Also make sure your graphics card, sound card, motherboard and any other drivers are up to date

Where do I get the Booster Packs from?

If you have downloaded and installed Update 1.50 then thats it, you have them and can play them on any ranked server.

None of this worked for me what do I do?

If in doubt, REINSTALL
When you uninstall make sure the Battlefield 2 install directory does not exist and also delete the Battlefield 2 directory from My Documents (including profiles)
Also delete Battlefield 2 references from your registry

I don't have Special Forces but if I click a Special Forces server the game CTD's. What is wrong?

Nothing is wrong. As Battlefield 2 and Special Forces run seperately, clicking on a Special Forces server in the browser list will close Battlefield 2 as part of the change process. If you do not have Special Forces the game will keep you on the desktop as Special Forces isn't present to load.
So do not click Special Forces servers if you do not have it (servers have a GREEN number 2 next to them in the server browser), if you do and you go back to desktop just load BF2 again.

If I have AntiAliasing on, I can't Alt/Tab out and come back in game.

Disable AntiAliasing or don't ALT+TAB