View Single Post

Old 2009-02-15, 06:59   #2 (permalink)
Insanity

With the time u took to post this, u could already have cleared the whole list online...

Quote:
The login server delays are caused by server timeouts in your favourites list - for every red favourite you have in there, another approx 5 secs will be added to your login time. Stupid I know, but that is the way it's worked since the 1.3 release.

So, either log and and delete those red favourites, or do the manual route below:

1. Navigate to your My Documents folder and then Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001 inside that.
(Normally 0001, which I believe is the one at the top of the login list - YMMV)
2. Open General.con in notepad (NOT msword, wordpad or some other similar toy)
3. Delete all lines that begin GeneralSettings.addServerHistory and GeneralSettings.addFavouriteServer (you could be selective and keep ones that you know are still pingable).
4. Save, and try again.

You may also need to use this manual method to delete Undefined favourites and other similar ones that have become corrupt.
Oh yeah, and you are the expert, right ? Member since Januari 2010 and having a big dick. Seriously, another reply from some fucking scumbag who thinks the sun rises out of his navel, sets in his scrotum and only cares what lies between the two.