View Single Post

Old 2009-01-07, 13:58   #20 (permalink)
LMK

"The benefits of being schooled in the most advanced country in the world are clearly evident when considering our expectations of a graphics setup with two cards. One finger is raised only to be followed by a shy yet determined second, clearly indicating that we should get twice the power with two cards. Common sense however, rarely prevails and that is also the case in this instance. Both SLI and +Fire promise the potential for a 100 per cent increase in performance but due to a variety of restrictions it is unlikely that either will be able to deliver on that potential. "

Quote from megagames.com

And since your computer is trying to push a second graphics card your temperature inside your cpu increases dramatically, which decreases performance and unless you have a good power supply you will also suffer in performance loss. Not to mention the monster processing unit you will need to get good FPS. If you are using anything but a monster pcu you will see a decrease in performance regarding your FPS.

Oh and btw most of the 650 watt power supplys out there are garbage.

Oh and did I mention you will need a monster processing unit? :P

Some other cons about sli and +fire is that well... it makes gaming difficult. You are more likely to run into problems, most occasions your game will just crash (this is most likely do to a crappy 650+ psu, or the heat is just too much for the processor).

Well if you really wanna sli or +fire you better know how to work your way around a computer, you gotta know it like you know your 68' GTO, or your woman with huge fake tits.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that using two video cards in sli or +fire mode would be bad, but let someone like me build your computer, and be ready to empty your bank account.

So yes, I am serious. I will post my own bench mark test if you wish.