Thread: Gas Prices
View Single Post

Old 2008-12-15, 11:44   #31 (permalink)
boom123

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBEdidit View Post
last time I filled up it was around 1.55/gallon for regular at Sam's Club(for those of you not in the states, sams club is like walmart, in fact its owned by walmart, but it's a warehouse sized business that only sells items in bulk size, they also have other discounted services like their own station where you have scan your membership card to be able to buy their gas(which is always the cheapest around), and membership is like $40 a year). I hope it stays this low, Im buying what is essentially a 4 door version of the bmw m3 tomorrow morning and it eats a fair amount of gas.
i saw the part about walmart, owning servos, they are retail GIANT, ant they, here in AUS, we have about 7 or so fuel companys that are around and a lot of interpenants, but i see a old retail giant coles, joining with SHELL<., to give out 4 cents of a litre,if u buy say 30 dollars in the retail stores. plus they sell there wears, in the servo. how long has this walmart been doing this, they be doing this for a about 2 years i reckon,in AUS, and a few other Retail giants also have got on game of it. i beleive here in AUS they hold the price up as lng as they can, however we have a gov, but they do stuff all, as they get FREE petrol, and car they dont care about price, i saw the walmart thing and thought our retail giants, must of visited your country and stole the ideas,,

but yeah the price is droping, so i think i get off the bike and drive again., i rode 25 mins in the rain the other day to work and thought, stuff this petrol price.(i did have a spare change of clothes.