View Single Post

Old 2008-11-05, 14:06   #24 (permalink)
weetree

I would have proffered McCain, but Obama is a good person too. Who cares if he pledged in with something other than the bible, that's the great thing about America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grim32 View Post
Not really. Think about it. America is a relgious country & a very rich one at that. When war is declared you say you do it in the name of god, even your money has religion over it. The only difference between America & Iraq is that America uses universal propaganda to get it's support. America is paranoid about everyone and everything.

If it wasn't for America, Iraq & Afghanistan would not be in the shape they are. There wouldn't be crazy nut-jobs in there. Just the USSR, which would of been easier to negotiate with than it is now.

So, Obama sure. congrats for him. But it's always the same. Make some promises, try to carry them out for 2 years, maybe try to envoke war, then focus on re-election... Rinse & repeat.

-Grim
If it wasn't for America they would be under Russian control which also is a pretty thing for them and the world.
Allowing the USSR to control the majority of world oil supply is not an option.

People have always hated America and I can't understand why, maybe it's that we are the last world super power. I once went to Japan and Indonesia during the earthquake that caused massive flooding in Indonesia, India, and a few others. When I watched the news in Japan they were complaining how we didn't donate enough even though we doubled the amount the 2nd top donator donated (just to show you the blind hatred some people have). We are not that religious of a country to, it has come to the point where a lot of people have to say x-mas instead of merry chrismas. We also have huge arguments if we should even mention god in our pledge of allegiance to the flag.